Domestic and Infant Adoption
The National Fertility Support Center offers the following services:
- Infertility Support
- Family Building Options Counseling
- Counseling Support during the often lengthy waiting period that can accompany adoption
- Grief and Loss Support for Failed or Disrupted Adoption Plans
- Post Adoption Counseling
- Research indicates that approximately 20% of couples experience post-placement depression following an adoptive placement. The frequency of this challenge may be attributed to many things including the normal stresses associated with new parenting; parent-child bonding challenges or concerns; links back to the emotional responses and feelings associated with infertility (most people are surprised to learn that parenting does not remove the years of stress that infertility can bring); financial stress; and/or the significant life/work adjustments faced by new parents.
- Relationship Counseling and Support
- Relationships sometimes remain united during times of challenge, such as infertility, but demonstrate the wear of the challenge once the immediate crisis has passed
- Parent Child Bonding Support
- Work/Life Adjustment Counseling and Support
- Play Therapy
- Workshops on how to/when/why parents should share their child's adoption story
Many Insurances are accepted. To learn more, visit our Counseling Center.